INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL - 2010
"FRESHWATER ECOSYSTEMS UNDER NATURAL CONDITIONS
AND ANTHROPOGENIC IMPACT. LAKE LADOGA"
The Summer School was financed by the Federal Program of Ministry
of Education and Science of the Russian Federation in the framework of Federal
Target Program 2009-2013 years.
28, July - 9, August 2010
Application deadline is 15 June 2010
St. Petersburg (RSHU) and Education and Scientific Station of RSHU (Lake Ladoga, Valaam Island),
the main objectives of which are:
1) monitoring of the coastal zone and the small forest lakes of the Valaam Archipelago for
the purpose of supplying material for courses in natural sciences;
2) scientific research at the Valaam Archipelago, Ladoga Lake and the northern Ladoga region with
participation of students and post-graduate students;
3) the organisation of field practice of the University students.
Russian State Hydrometeorological University http://www.rshu.ru/
The Department of Applied Ecology , Faculty of Ecology and Environmental Physics (RSHU).
MSc students, international
The main tasks of the School are:
- to familiarize the students with the limnogenesis types of North Russia water bodies, using as an example the water system of the Valaam Archipelago (Lake Ladoga);
- to present to the students the range of natural fluctuations of the limnological parameters within which the normal regime of ecosystem functioning is maintained;
- to demonstrate the connection between the main limnological parameters on the basis of the field materials collected;
- to inculcate the idea about the lake being a important component of the landscape;
- to compare the great lakes and small one (in example of Lake Ladoga).
Field investigations comprise the study of:
morphometric parameters, thermal regime, basic hydrochemical, hydrophysical parameters, phytoplankton,
zooplankton, macrophytes, macrozoobenthos and the primary production of plankton.
First information letter and application form
Second information letter and programme
Dr. Vasiliy V. Dmitriev
Dr. Mikhail A.Naumenko
Dr. Anastasia B. Stepanova
Dr. Nadezhda V. Zuyeva
Dr. Ekaterina Yu. Voyakina
M.Sc. Gulnara F. Sharafutdinova.
M. Sokolovskaya - Leningrad Zoo, Head of the department
Course report presentation
Prof. Dmitriev. Presentation
Dr. Anastasia B. Stepanova. Presentation
Dr. Anastasia B. Stepanova. 2-nd presentation
Dr. Anastasia B. Stepanova. 3-rd presentation
Dr. Nadezhda V. Zuyeva. Presentation
Dr. Ekaterina Yu. Voyakina. Presentation
M.Sc. Gulnara F. Sharafutdinova. Presentation
Dr. Olli-Pekka Penttinen. Presentation
M. Sokolovskaya. Presentation